Celebrate National Trail Mix Day with Rex's Trail Mix recipe.
Preparation time: 5m - Cooking time: 10m
Number of Servings: 8 Serving(s)
- 2 cups chex cereal
- 2 cups mixed dried fruit, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cups thin pretzel stick, broken in half
- 2/3 cups shredded coconut
- 1/2 cups peters bros beef jerky, chopped in bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- In large bowl, stir together cereal, dried fruit, peanuts, pretzels and coconut.
- Add honey and cinnamon, tossing well to coat.
- Spread mixture on foil-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately mix in beef jerky.
- Cool and store in tightly covered container.